No products in the cart
What Is Personal Information?
Personal information includes data that identifies you or is directly related to you, such as your name, age, identity number, and payment records. In essence, it encompasses any information we have about you.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
In general, you can browse our website without providing personal information, unless you choose to register and create an account. We are committed to adhering to the principles outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (‘ECT Act’), which govern your right to keep your personal information private. Here is a summary of these principles:
- We will only collect, process, and store your personal information with your consent, unless required by law, and will only use it for the lawful purposes for which it is needed.
- We will clearly specify the purpose for which we collect and use your personal information and maintain a record of this information.
- We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those disclosed to you, unless you provide explicit written consent or it is permitted by law. Additionally, we may disclose your personal information without your consent in specific circumstances, including legal requirements, public interest, our interest, or with your implied consent.
Personal information we may collect and use includes:
- Your name and contact information (postal address, email address, and telephone number), as well as any other contact details you provide.
- Financial information, including payment card details.
- Information you provide during registration and account creation.
- Details of any orders for products and/or services placed through our website.
- Records of any correspondence with our customer support team.
- Records of your participation in Padel Is Life competitions or promotions.
- Details of your website visits, including traffic data, location data, communication data, and accessed resources.
What Do We Do with the Personal Information We Collect?
We collect and use your personal information for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Facilitating the use of our products and services.
- Processing and collecting payments for products you purchase from our website.
- Maintaining internal records.
- Enhancing and improving our products and services.
- Personalizing your experience on our website.
- Advertising products we believe may interest you.
- Communicating with you via email, telephone, or postal mail regarding your orders, transactions, customer relationships, or account-related matters.
- Addressing specific inquiries you may have.
- Conducting statistical analysis.
- Sharing information about products, services, promotions, and events we believe may be of interest to you.
- Carrying out direct marketing or email marketing.
- Engaging in market research, provided you have not objected to such use.
Whom Do We Share Your Information With?
Your personal information will be accessed by authorized Padel Is Life staff and service providers who assist us in various capacities, such as IT support, customer service, hosting, marketing, and online payment processing. These service providers are obligated to use your personal information solely for the purposes specified and are prohibited from sharing or using it for any other reason.
We may also share limited personal information with other companies within the Padel Is Life group of Companies (if applicable) or affiliates for management, analysis, decision-making, promotional, and marketing purposes. Additionally, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In response to a court order or request for cooperation from a law enforcement or government agency.
- To protect and defend our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers, staff, suppliers, or others.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing.
- To comply with applicable laws or cooperate with law enforcement.
- In the event of the sale of any part of our business or assets.
Except as outlined above, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties without your explicit permission or as required by law.
Direct Marketing and Your Preferences
Padel Is Life and affiliated companies may provide you with information about new products, promotions, special offers, and other items of potential interest to you. We may contact you via post, telephone, email, or SMS (unless you have opted out of receiving postal communications).
We ensure that any electronic communication related to direct marketing or market research provides you with a straightforward method to decline further marketing. For example, our emails may include an ‘unsubscribe’ link or an email address where you can request to opt out. We will promptly honour your objection or withdrawal of consent for marketing, allowing sufficient time for the change to take effect. You can update your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us using the details provided at the top of this notice. In such cases, we may not necessarily remove all your personal information from our databases but will respect your updated direct marketing preferences.
How to Access or Amend Your Information
If you believe that any information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us promptly by writing or emailing us. We will make necessary corrections or updates to your information as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can correct inaccuracies in the information you provided by signing in to your online account.
Security and Storage
Please be aware that the internet is not entirely secure, and communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure unless encrypted. To safeguard and secure the information collected online, we have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
When you provide credit card information on our website, industry-standard encryption technologies are employed to protect your data. Your card details are securely transmitted from your browser to our payment gateway using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Our payment gateway provider also employs a secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption system for additional security. All other information transfers occur through a secure connection.
If you are given a password to access specific parts of our website, please keep it confidential and do not share it with others. We advise against sharing your password with anyone.
For more information about the different types of cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org.) If you do so, some features and services of the website may not function properly.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Your continued use of the website will be treated as consent to the use of these cookies for the purposes described.
Will My Personal Data Be Transferred Abroad?
If we transfer your personal information to a person, company, office, branch, organization, service provider, or agent in another country, we will ensure that we have appropriate security and privacy measures in place with such third parties, covering how they hold and maintain any personal information on our behalf.
Which Laws Apply?